June 27, 2010

The worst record covers of all times, part two

Well, I have to admit that it isn't the best idea I have ever had to make the 12 or so readers of this blog go blind. But then again, what should I do? I own this record. And I just can't bear this pain on my own. Please help me.

This record and this cover are so awesome on so many levels. One, it's not a "single", it's an EP. Four songs. That was unheard of back then! Two, it's not only four songs, it's four DRINKING SONGS. For better or worse. I am still a bit in doubt whether or not these are songs you should listen to while you are drinking (to enhance the liquid experience), or songs you just can't stand listening to while you're sober. I'll leave this up to you, dear reader. Judge for yourself.

But this is about the cover, not the music. This dude is the textbook definition of awesome: part Red Dawn, part King Diamond. Oh, hold on a second... must... gasp... for... breath...

Two things about this cover will poke your eye immediately: the teeth and the Spar logo. Now I don't really know what the fuck is up with that logo, but it definitely is an interesting thought that this piece of "music" was a giveaway by the world's largest food retailer. But where the fuck did they display this? In the wine section? Special offer: buy two bottles of vodka, get a vinyl seven inch for free? We'll never know.

Anyway, I would love to get a free seven inch when I go shopping for groceries. It would make a song I love come to life again.

1 comment:

ottto said...

haha! cool, thomas! :^))