June 24, 2010

The worst record covers of all times, part one

Now I know that are quite some websites dedicated to the art of the album cover, like this or that, but as far as I know, no one has ever posted this visual atrocity. Sit back, open the image in a new browser window, and gasp for breath. Yes, this is serious!

It's only half as "funny" if you don't understand German, because the song titles make it even better. And no, I'm sorry, I just
CAN'T translate it. The second song, "Wüst oder wüst ned" is a overlooked and long forgotten gem of Austropop. Even if you don't get the lyrics, it's worth a mouseclick... because... because... it's a fucking Sirtaki song, and I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP!

It's a song about drinking with a girl, supposedly giving her the time to make up her mind (about whatever, the author is being unclear about this), and looking for the toilet in the meantime. And while the story itself is scary and weird enough, please take another look at the cover. The person who sings this song is the one on the left, some kind of Austrian semi-celebrity. So, uhm well. But who the fuck is the one on the right? Shit, that dude's scary! And by "scary", I mean BIG TIME SCARY.

So, dear blog reader, whoever you are - enjoy this post like you would enjoy driving past a car accident on the highway. You can thank me later. Me, I will go and see Kim Wilde and Billy Idol tonight. For free. It's gonna be fun, in an Accüsed kinda way...

No comments: